Lessons in How to Live: Randy Pausch’s “Last Lecture”
It’s an hour and 44 minutes of the distilled wisdom of Randy Pausch: make time for it today. Seriously. Check out the teaser first if you’re not ready yet to commit the time; that will ensure that you want to. I can’t think of anything better to watch on Thanksgiving. In his own words:
Almost all of us have childhood dreams: for example, being an astronaut, or making movies or video games for a living. Sadly, most people don’t achieve theirs, and I think that’s a shame. I had several specific childhood dreams, and I’ve actually achieved most of them. More importantly, I have found ways, in particular the creation (with Don Marinelli), of CMU’s Entertainment Technology Center (etc.cmu.edu), of helping many young people actually *achieve* their childhood dreams. This talk will discuss how I achieved my childhood dreams (being in zero gravity, designing theme park rides for Disney, and a few others), and will contain realistic advice on how *you* can live your life so that you can make your childhood dreams come true, too.
Thanks to Stephanie Booth for the link.
0 thoughts on “Lessons in How to Live: Randy Pausch’s “Last Lecture””
Some lessons from Randy Pauschâ€™s last lecture that especially moved me:
1. Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things.
2. Experience is what you get when you didnâ€™t get what you wanted.
3. Never lose the child-like wonder.
4. If we do something which is pioneering, we will get arrows in the back. But at the end of the day, a whole lot of people will have a whole lot of fun.
5. Be good at something; it makes you valuable.
6. If you live your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, and the dreams will come to you.
Check out the tribute quiz on the lecture at http://www.mystudiyo.com : you can add your own questions at the end of the quiz.
my brother’s mother in-low has leukemia, and the doctors told her she has 3 months to live, it has been 7 years now, and she is still alive and doing well, and that is because of her good spirit and her good eating habits, if you believe you have 3 months to live then you have 3 months to live and if you did not get bothered with what the doctors are telling you then cancer will get upset and leave