The Digital Academy: Video Editing
There’s lots of fancy and expensive software you can use to edit video. Oftentimes, the many steps and $$$ required excludes a lot of people. But there are video editing tools that are available to anyone with a computer and an internet connection. Like youtube!
Log into the google account listed on the sheet inside your envelope.
- Go to the Youtube video editor. (You can find it linked under the upload link.)
- Create a new video merging at least three of the videos you see listed in the youtube channel.
- Edit the videos you’ve chosen. You can trim the videos by dragging the left or the right side of them. You’ll need some buffer room on either side of them if you want to use transitions! It makes them overlap slightly.
- Add transitions, text, and/or other effects.
- If you want to, add a soundtrack.
- Put your name in the title of your video so you’ll be able to see which one’s yours!
- When you’re happy with your video, press the create video button.
- Embed your edited video on your blog. (How to)
- Tweet your video using the hashtag #digitalacademy!